- We waited in an Egypt Air 777 on the runway at JFK for two hours.
- That meant that we were two hours late for our tour of Cairo. We made the most of it though.
- We saw highlights of the Cairo museum including some of the treasure from King Tut's Tomb.
- We went to the Coptic (Christian) area of Cairo where we tried to see a church where it is believed that Mary and Joseph hid with the baby Jesus.
- We stopped on a bridge over the River Nile to take some photos of the river and the Cairo skyline.
- Next we got to see the pyramids and the sphinx. Because of our flight delay the site was already closed, but we were able to enjoy the view.
- We next went to a papyrus museum. One of the guides demonstrated how papyrus is made. Jim bought a papyrus with an Egyptian painting on it.
- We had dinner at a Greek restaurant with a great view of the pyramids. One interesting thing is that the bar was outfitted with water pipes.
- On the way back to the airport, our guide took us past the site of the assassination of Anwar Sadat. He is buried right across the street.
- We boarded our flight to Uganda at about 1045 and took off a little past 11pm. We arrived at Entebbe airport at about 4am where our ride was waiting to take us to our hotel.
- After a little sleep (an hour or two) and a quick shower we went to church at Namboli United Methodist Church in Kampala. It was a great experience except that several of us had a hard time staying awake.
Now we are relaxing for this evening, trying to get rested up. Tomorrow we start teaching at 8am.
If you would like to send a message to someone in the group, please feel free to post a comment here.
Also, we are staying at Hotel Colline, www.collinehotel.com.